Take To Heart
Deuteronomy week 8
In Chapter 31, Moses has finished writing down his 3 sermons. He gives the book he has filled up to the priests to keep in the Ark of the Covenant. But God gives him one final task… to teach ALL of Israel a song. A song that will remind them of who God is and that should help them take to heart all the words Moses has spoken on his behalf.
Share a time when you have taken someones words to heart? What was the result?
Read the passage – Deuteronomy 32
What stood out to you? Was there something that really connected with you?
1. Songs are often divided up into a variety of verses, a chorus and bridge. Take some time to read over the song. If you had to divide Moses song up into parts… what would the the parts be? And why?
2. What’s one aspect of God that jumped out at you from the song?
3. What’s hard about taking God’s word to heart?
Read – 1 Thessalonians 1
This passage shows us what happens when the gospel is taken to heart (look especially at vv4-5).
4. How does the gospel move the Thessalonians?
5. How can we help each other remember God the gospel so that we take his words to heart?
Remembering the God of the gospel moves us to take God’s word to heart